DoD/VA Joint Venture
3rd Medical Group/Anchorage VA
The The DOD/VA JV Project provides 3rd Medical Group (Air Force) and the Anchorage VA a cost comparison/re-imbursement process in order to eliminate the duplication of costs/services to the Active Duty, Retirees and Veterans Population.
There are five positions associated with this part of the contract and they are CBRSO Supervisor, Health Systems Planner, Program Assistant, Data Analyst and Accounts Receivable Technician.
Since inception some of the following processes/actions have been implemented:
• New billing process VA ER patients
• Individual billings were completed for each patient
• Detailed planning for the OR and data collection process established for OR utilization
• Billing inaccuracies identified from inaccurate patient category in CHCS
• Patients not properly categorized and not all encounters in CPRS being closed out were identified
• Forecasted required space for new clinic designs
• Coordinated each agency’s warehouse departments to finalize recommendations for the purpose of integrating warehouse space
• Identified and decided that the 3 MDG CSS facility could handle additional workload from the VA clinic
• Identified a deficiency for Lab & Radiology visits in the billing process, as the CPT & ICD9 codes are unavailable to retrieve electronically
• Implemented a weekly billing cycle for inpatient and ER visits, providing a more even workload and quicker turnaround time for payment
• Facilitated the Medical library integration to consolidate the two libraries